A set of virtual production tools designed to be used both in editor or in a packaged scene.
Plan V Tools comes with a controllable camera system that will easily turn any level into a navigable 3D environment that can be packaged and shared across team members, clients … It was designed to package some features you’d typically only find in editor such as taking screenshots and multipass renders (Lit/Unlit/Normals/ObjectID/Depth), toggle layers (VFX / Set / Studio / Characters), a timeline to playback any level sequences, and a storyboarding tool. These are all tools that tend to be very useful to artists across industries who don’t want to learn Unreal Engine to have a quick look around a 3D environment.
In addition, some of these tools are also accessible directly in-editor allowing for users who are already working in Unreal Engine. For example, the storyboarding tool can easily convert boards into level sequences allowing you to go from the idea stage to the final render stage within a couple of clicks.
- Storyboard tool
- Screenshot tool
- Layers tool (VFX, Set, Studio, Action)
- View modes (Unlit/AO/ObjectID/Normal/Depth/Light)
- Virtual Camera tracking and recording
- Panorama tool (High resolution 360° screenshot)
- Techvis tool (measure and render techvis screenshots)
- Sequence player (playback sequences at runtime)
- Ability to package tools into an executable for use without Unreal Engine.
- 4.26: ObjectID and Layer pass only render in one eye (only affects VR mode)
- 4.26: Widgets cannot be edited via blueprint (causes Editor crashes).
- 4.25: TakeRecorder node reference errors on project boot
Last updated 02/02/21:
- 4.26 Compatibility
- Variant Manager compatibility
- Recording panel with recording tools.
- VR improvements, now compatible with Oculus Quest 2
- Storyboard improvements
- General bug fixing
- See more (scroll down)](https://forums.unrealengine.com/unreal-engine/marketplace/1812218-plan-v-tools-virtual-production?q=Update%20notes%2002/02/21)
- General bug fixing
- VR compatibility (including packaged builds)
- Can now create notes & measures in packaged builds.
- Note actor improvements
- Storyboards, notes and measures can now be exported out of a packaged build and reimported in editor.
- General usability bug fixing and tweaking.
- Added Panorama Tool (360° renders).
- Added Techvis Tool.
- Added Take Recorder integration (to record Level Sequences).
- Added camera tracking with Steam VR headset or any of the two controllers.
- Added camera tracking with Remote Session and Unreal Remote App 2 on IOS.
- Added camera tracking with Virtual Plugin and Virtual Plugin app on Android.
- Added Note actor.