Pixel Streaming - Video / Audio Codec not set

Hi,

I’m currently working on a project using Pixel Streaming (5.1.1). I followed this tutorial: Unreal Engine Pixel Streaming in AWS with Ubuntu OS | AWS for Games Blog and it worked fine, and I can see locally it works fine:
Screenshot 2023-04-27 at 09.15.28

However, when I try to access the same address on any external browser I get a black screen
Screenshot 2023-04-27 at 09.16.22

I read this article: Pixel Streaming Got Black

But the information inside was not helpful, as I’ve experimented with making all ports available outside of the recommended ones,

I’m using the startup command
./DubaiFinal -AudioMixer -PixelStreamingIP=127.0.0.1 -PixelStreamingPort=8888 -RenderOffScreen -Unattended -ForceRes -ResX=1280 -ResY=720 -GraphicsAdapter=0 -PixelStreamingEncoderRateControl=CBR -AllowPixelStreamingCommands

SysInfo: Ubuntu 22.04.2 LTS (GNU/Linux 5.15.0-1031-aws x86_64)

I added SSL to my network to ensure the Video/Audio codec wasn’t blocked by the browser because of an unsecured connection but still no luck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, please let me know if you need any additional info

I was able to resolve this issue by including the STUN server allocation to the peerConnectionOptions in the WebServer Config

"peerConnectionOptions": "{\"iceServers\":[{\"urls\":[\"stun:stun.l.google.com:19302\"]}]}",

This allowed the RTC data to be forwarded correctly to the player.

2 Likes