Persistent audio buzzing/static sound when using Unreal Engine 5

I Don’t know if this is related but I get the buzzing noise when I launch the unreal project browser remotely on my windows PC using microsoft RDP on my M1 MacBook and to make it usable I go to advanced audio settings and mute Unreal.

Hello, I’m new with UE 5.2, today I install it on my new PC (with RTX 4070Ti Gigabyte) and I was surprised that my computer makes “veird” noises. (Only when UE 5 Editor was focused).
Any other games never before makes this sound!
I tried your tips and for me worked:

• Realtime lights off - Ctrl + R (but it works only in edit mode, Play button activate this sound instant)
  • Command t.MaxFPS 60 - works for me fine (even with Realtime ON), it works still even when click Play button. (So it’s best option for me) - I use 165Hz screen.

So commands can “Fix” it, but I thinking whether is it problem with UE or my computer connection. But I’m playing games in 165 FPS and never before heard it…

I had this issue -at least from the descriptions it seems identical, and i just connected by bluetooth to my speakers and the buzzing has completely gone.

Changing headphones port worked for me

This buzzing has been going on for over 3 years. I’m on a completely different system, 32GBs memory, RTX 3060 Ti, …ect No change. Still buzzes. I love how Epic has been ignoring this issue for over 3 years. They work with nVidea I’m sure. None of my other software has the issues, so it’s something with this software.

Hello everyone, I have the same issue here.

Everytime my frame rate is changing, the buzz comes back and depending on how I move my mouse in the game (Up or down) it gives me a different buzz noises (pitched up and down), so I think it is definitely coming from the GPU.

I did the Realtime Off solution so now, it’s not buzzing all the time. And I changed my speakers connections cables from Jack Balanced to XLR balanced and it helped to reduce the amplitude of the signal, but I still couldn’t find the issue and fix it completely.

I’m on WINDOWS 10 - 4060 GPU.
Btw, I never had the issue when using UE5 on MacStudio.

Best,

Hello, I test in my presonus 1810c USB Audio card and find if I mute the MIC5 and MIC6, the noise disappeared. I think maybe the editor keep the last audio input channel open …

I am also experiencing this issue. I will try to get back here with anything I uncover.

I am running UE5 version 5.3.2

My specs:
CPU - i7-13700k 3.40 GHz
Mobo - ASUS Prime Z790-P
GPU - MSI GeForce RTX 3060
PSU - 750W MSI
RAM - 32GB DDR5 GSkill Ripjaws
Windows 11

Audio Interface - Focusrite Scarlett Solo (USB 2.0)
Studio Monitors - Yamaha HS8

I already have some sort of grounding loop issue going on that I am investigating, but the buzzing seems to amplify and take on a more complex character once I fire up UE5. This is especially exacerbated when focused in the viewport, as others have mentioned. When I hit ctrl+r to disable realtime rendering it does help a slight amount, however the buzz introduce from UE5 is still noticeable.

Strangely, the buzz is not present while using headphones through my interface.

My cables from audio interface are unbalanced, and I am going to try to used balanced instead and see if that helps the ground loop noise. It seems like the UE5 buzzing is related to some sort of grounding problem potentially, but I am unsure.

Same here with Focusrite Audio Interface, in my case it’s an old Firewire Interface (Saffire Pro 14). Since this is not my only Audio interface, I unplug it during unreal sessions.

Hello. Having buzz problem also. Cntrl+R helps in View port, but when camera is static, so it still buzzes when i look around.

And buzz comes not from audio output device. It comes from system unit case

Hello Everyone,

Same things for me aswell !
I recently upgrade my PC and now I hear the buzzing sound.
Old Spec:
i5 9600kf
32 gb 3200 mhz
Rx 5700 xt
mobo asus prime z 370
With this build, never heard it in 2 years of UE. But with my new one Specs:
Ryzen 7 7700x
32 gb of ddr5 ram 6000 mhz
Rx 7800xt
Asus tuf B650 Gaming wifi plus

I started to hear the buzzing sounds. CTRL+ R helps and limiting the fps kinda work, but I can still hear it.
Hope they fix this soon cause this is causing me headache right now…

Same here. Intel i9 with Asus Prime Deluxe II, dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, and a Motu M Series audio interface via USB-C. First time creating a Project and I immediately hear hiss/buzz in my audio. Hiss/buzz disappears when I lose focus on the window, and returns when I go back.
Under Settings, I noted that the Real Time Audio is muted. Still, the noise persists.