performance drop in version 5.4.3 on Android

What has changed a lot in 5.4.3 for Android? my FPS dropped from 60 stable to 0-10pfs. I even created a project with a view from the third line and assembled it for android and 10-20 frames per second in the game, the phone is quite spectacular LG v50. tried r.rhithread.enable=0 does not help, it disables rhit, but then Draw increases from 8 ms to 22 ms, r.RHISetGPUCaptureOptions=1 reduces RHIT from 60 ms to 30 ms, but this is still a lot compared to the 5.4.2, I had RHIT 8-10ms and 60fps. later try adding screenshots to compare with version 5.3. please help me solve this problem or tell me how to roll back to 5.4.2? Thank you

top screenshot 5.3.2 bottom screenshot 5.4.3
all settings are default
disabling Studio Telemetry didn’t help
sorry, english is not my main language

compiled 5.4.2 from source and assembled the project

It turns out that the problem appears precisely after updating to 5.4.3
I would like to understand what has changed so much in 5.4.3 and how this can be fixed? Maybe I need to switch something in the settings?

how to delete this question? I created a problem in the section and would like not to duplicate the message

Same here . Performance was normal with 5.4.2 and previous now it is sub 20FPS. All my mobile devices are affected if it is run on Vulkan RHI. On Open GL ES it is OK.

Could you compile and try with latest UE5-Main branch (which is almost UE5.5 preview already) ? I have no luck compiling any source due to low space on drives and errors I got intermittently.

hi, at the moment I also don’t have an extra 200 gigabytes to check ((

I compiled UE 5.4.2 and 5.5.0 from source and packaged an identical project for all versions. Unfortunately UE 5.5.0 is affected with the same bug that kills massive performance for Vulkan RHI on Android. Literally Android development is dead for 5.4.3+ :frowning: . 5.4.2 is the last with OK. I sent a bug form to Epic. I hope it will be rectified soon.

1 Like

me too