Path Tracing viewport versus Path Tracing Movie Render Queue differs in render outcome?

When I render my scene using Path Tracing it looks great in Viewport render but when rendering it through Movie Render Queue image comes out blurry and lacking in detail, almost as if a heavy denoise was used, washes out image.
Here is example image of the viewport render:

Example image of Movie Render Queue Render:

I did notice that when I check mark Disable Multisample Effects under Movie Render Queue Path Tracer Post Processing Settings the image comes out correct like in the viewport, however now I Iose my camera depth of field with this enabled.

I must be doing something wrong or just don’t have knowledge in what’s happening, can someone point me in the right direction? I’m using 5.2 but also tested the scene in 5.3 with the same issue.

Here are the actual settings for Path Tracing that I’m using and getting the issue with:

Thanks

1 Like

Did you solve it?

Have you tried setting 1024 samples in the first AA field and just 1 in the second, instead of 32x32?

1 Like

The MRQ looks just like a render done with the Nvidia denoiser. All the details blurred out. Is it possible the denoiser activates somehow during MRQ ? I don’t see how, but maybe you could put a CVAR in the MRQ cvars - to disable that denoiser just to be sure ?

1 Like

I will try this and report back

This is interesting idea, i will try this as well, so will use r.PathTracing.Denoiser 0 to disable it I guess.

Have you tried this or found a solution?