Path Follow plugin

Reasonable request. Added to plugin’s trello board: https://trello.com/b/OLCx3rvI/path-follow-plugin

Implemented as promised in V1.1. You can set any location on the path as start of follow;)

Hi Jiri,

Is your plugin still supported and available to purchase ? I contacted you at jirka.dockal@gmail.com without answer.
cheers,

hlx

Hi, yes of course. The plugin is still under active development and available for purchase. Just send me an email jirka.dockal@gmail.com or PM for more details.

Hi Jiri,

Thanks for your answer(s) (email and forum reply).

Hlx

Short update. Feature done for one of the early adopters:) Enjoy!

Hi Jiri,

Cool update. I shoud be very cool to see such a thing for a physiqued vehicle. Could it be possible to show us a sample of a UE4 physx vehicle following a path according to some speed points (i.e. simulating stops during several seconds)
Also, I was wondering if a matinee/sequencer could drive a camera sequence based on the vehicle path ?
As early adopter, is there a way to be notified when a new version is available ?

Thanks in advance, I wish you the best for the incoming new year.

Regards,

hlx

Hi hlx,

thank you. All the best in 2016 to you!
Vehicle path follow is one of the tutorial/sample scenes I’ll create.
Simulating stops using the speed points is little bit problematic but I’ll definitely implement this soon since I need it in my project too:)
Regarding the matinee: could you please elaborate more on it? You’d like camera to follow the vehicle or?
New builds notification is definitely a must have feature. It’s just about build server configuration. I’ll notify you when it’s ready.

Thx for using the plugin:)

Jiri

Hi jiri,
Great news to know that you are preparing a vehicle following tutorial.
About the sequencer (that I prefer to matinee), I was wondering if it was possible to preview the follower transformation as a simple bounding box in order to prepare carefully and easily a cinematic without to be obliged to press the play in editor button.
Thanks by advance for your support and I cross the fingers for the pause/stop feature that I would really need.
Regards,

Hlx

Hello Path Followers:)

I’ve finally finished build notification setup. Everytime a new build is made a new status is send. Just subscribe to @UE4PathFollow](https://twitter.com/UE4PathFollow) twitter account. This is also the main channel for all news, sales etc.

Happy following!:slight_smile:

First try on UE4 Vehicle Path Following:cool: What do you think?
@Hlx: if you’d like to take a look on the level just PM:)

Hi Jiri,

Really cool, the video shows something that I was precisely expecting. Greetings !

I PM you very soon :slight_smile:

Hi Guys,

I just wanted to warn and give you a heads up that this plugin will conflict with 360 video exports. We’ve been trying to debug and get this thing working for over a month now. It is very buggy and developer has abandoned us on any support for our project after we’ve purchased his plugin and he acknowledged that it is a bug on his end.

It’s a great plugin if you’re not doing anything VR, but if you’re going to use it with a VR project please be warned that it is not fully compatible yet. I’m not sure if the developer plans to fix it but he has stopped responding.

I’ve stopped the support (after ~30 mail we exchanged) since ctejada was accusing me for failure of his project which is really not my responsibility.
I guarantee full refund if any customer is not completely satisfied with the plugin. That was also what I’ve written in last mail to ctejada. @ctejada: BTW I believe that your issue lies simply in your project configuration. Include plugin’s usage definition in your uproject file like this:
“Plugins”:
{
“Name”: “PathFollow”,
“Enabled”: true
}
]
This is of course mentioned in installation notes which were provided.

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to clarify,** I never accused Jiri of failure of the project.** I stated that he failed to support his plugin and abandoned us mid-project when asked for help. He did request we send him the project files and we did state after signing an NDA we would be more than willing to send him over the project but he avoided the statement and instead of supporting the product he claimed that “I am not responsible for your problems” in his own words and offered a refund then never replied again. I never approached him about disatisfaction, I approached him for help in supporting bugs that we were encountering with his plugin. Just like EPIC’s marketplace requires developers to support their products, I would expect that Jiri would support his product as well with intentions of getting into the Unreal Marketplace.

Also in reference to the last email, I never received any email after my last to you Jiri asking you that instead of refund, for you to support your plugin and help get a fix for the plugin. I also stated that I’m sure that this problem won’t be isolated and that it would be prudent to help troubleshoot the issue now in the event it comes up again.

I can also confirm that my Technical Director has tried this option multiple times in multiple scenario, with even **email proof to Jiri.**It is not the solution and that’s not what’s causing conflict.

The vehicle path following is just what I’ve been looking for. Unfortunately, my skills at programming are slightly above beginner. What is the difficulty level for this plugin? Do you have a target date when you would probably submitting it on the market?

@Vehicle path following: I’m currently working on full support for vehicle following so that it could be used physics simulated vehicles thus allowing for collision responses etc. So right now it can be used but ‘Simulate Physics’ needs to be set to false.
@difficulty level: plugin’s api is fairly simple so there should be no problem for you to use it. It could be used also in blueprints only project - no coding required.
@submitting date: the plugin is already submitted for more than 8 months. Epic is still working on full support for code plugins as far as I know. Once they’re done it will be finally accessible via the marketplace. I don’t know exact date. 3 weeks old msg from epic says - soon;) Anyway, I’m still giving early access with full refund guarantee. So if you’d like to try just PM or send me an email (pathfollow@jiridockal.com)

Can’t read some of the documentation with the blueprint examples, it is too small to read, when I zoom it is all blurred! (Binding event point delegate).

Fixed. Just click the image to enlarge it into Full HD resolution. Thanks for pointing this out.

Hello Jiri,
Your plug in seems to be interesting…
May be this the solution i’m looking for :
I trying to do a rope (a mesh distributed along a spline, actualy, using "Spline: Ropes - Hoses - Sci-fi
" from PurePolygons), and following a spline path. Is it possible to achieve this result easily?