Pasting hlsl directly into HLSL will crash and roll back level (undid 20minute of work for me because I was trying to duplicate an hlsl node but didnt check where I selected)

Summary

An HLSL node with pasted content will crash the entire engine and project, causing destructive level and unsaved-changes rollbacks.

What Type of Bug are you experiencing?

Other

Steps to Reproduce

  1. Select an HLSL Custom shader node and copy it
  2. Paste the node to see if it is copied correctly onto your clipboard
  3. Select the code section of the HLSL node and paste it
  4. A bunch of yellow and orange text will appear, and you’ll crash, and your level will be rolled back.

Expected Result

If I accidentally try to paste something that isn’t supposed to be pasted, don’t let me.

Observed Result

It crashes, prompts the send and close screen

Affects Versions

5.7

Platform(s)

Windows