Particles look different when testing in PIE.

Hello!

When I look at my particle effects in the editor or using PIE they look much different in a lot ways compared to when I use Standalone Game. My question is first of all, is this normal? And if not, what are some things that I should look into in order to get accurate previews?

Thank you!

Hello timetravel,

In order to understand the issue you are having I would like to get some more information from you.

1.) Would you post screenshots of the particle in editor and in PIE and describe the differences?
2.) The issue could be caused by a number of things so if you could provide reproduction steps for how you have the particle system implemented in your project.
3.) Would you provide a copy of your DxDiag?

After I have this information I will continue to investigate what is causing the difference in previews.

Hello TimeTravel,

Could you check if you have LOD’s enabled.
Sometimes accidentally (though, my gut tells me, it sometimes happens automatic) LOD’s in particles are created, and if an accidental higher LOD is there with just a few settings… your particles can look all different.

Hey Luos!

here’s some screenshots of what I am seeing.

Standalone mode shows like this:

PIE shows like this:

In cascade it shows like this (just like PIE):

Also I wanted to say that I recognized your name from when I visited your YouTube channel 2 days ago, you have some very impressive frost spells in your channel. :stuck_out_tongue: I really like what you’re doing!

Hello! I have posted images of the results I am getting in response to comment. I would also like to add that I cannot see Refraction in PIE, only in Standalone.

Thank you!

Here’s my DxDiag results:

I found the reason why. I had my effects quality settings set to Low.