Particles don't render properly with orthographic camera

Hi, I’m pretty desperate trying to solve this issue… Pulling my hairs out here :mad: Any help would be appreciated, thank you!

I’m not sure if this is supposed to happen, but my particle effects render really weirdly when I’m using an orthographic camera.

Here’s what they look like in perspective:

And here’s what they look like in orthographic:

As you can see, it’s missing much of the detail. If it weren’t for the lack of sharpness and the blurriness I get when I use a perspective camera, I wouldn’t mind using it. So if anyone knows how to make a perspective camera look and feel like an orthographic one, then that would work X’D I think the issue where that is concerned is related to Paper2D…

Thanks! I can’t express my gratitude enough!

Oh my goodness this is funny, I just answered a very similar but different question. Anyway, your question is tough because this was an annoying awful problem for Unreal 4.3 that…I…don’t recall ever getting solved. Here’s the bug report marked “RESOLVED” but note the lack of a true resolution. However, you’ll find a little workaround in there that might help you out for now. Maybe an Unreal dev can hop in here and give a better answer than this.

Aaah, I see. Thanks! I guess I’ll have to somehow stick to using a perspective camera XD

Well, I mean I’d try that workaround and see if it helps at all? It’s all the way at the bottom of the page in green. Not being able to use Ortho is pretty yuck.