Particle Systems do not play in transition map

1. create a map with particle systems in it that start automatically, set transition map to this
  2. servertravel (seamless) from one map to another
  3. while in transition map particles never play

Hey BW6ense,

I’ve attempted to reproduce your issue, but I can’t see it on my end.

Would you mind providing a simplified test project that showcases the issue? It’s possible I’m overlooking something in my setup that is causing me to be unable to reproduce it.

Thanks

Hi Sean, I created a new project to demonstrate this. but the max upload size is 5.2 MB. However the setup is very simple and easy to replicate.

It’s important to note that SeamlesTravel must be true and SeamlessTravel only works in packaged builds so this will not work in PIE.

-Create New Project

-Create 3 maps, Origin, Transition, Destination

-Place a particle effect in the transition map that auto-starts

-Set TransitionMap in Engine.ini to the transition map

-Expose SeamlessTravelMidpointPause to blueprint

-Set an input key to execute console command “ServerTravel Destination” then call SeamlessTravelMidpointPause a frame later by using a delay node set to 0. (you cannot pause until a travel is occuring)

-PACKAGE GAME

-Run the game hit your input key to initiate the travel+pause … notice the transition map never plays the particle effect.

-Run the game loading directly into the transition map, notice that the particle effect plays as expected.

Hey BW6ense,

Sorry for the delay. I’ve reproduced your issue and have entered a bug report that you can track here: Unreal Engine Issues and Bug Tracker (UE-37723)

Thank you for your report.

Have a great day