Particle system and Material Parameter collection

Hello! I have a fall leaf made with the particle system. I have a Material parameter controller that performs the function of the wind system. How to make the Acceleration parameters change from the Material parameter controller parameters?

I don’t think you can comunicate directly between a cascade emitter and a scalar value in a Material Parameter Collection
Any reason why you are not using Niagara? Cascade is now deprecated, I would raccomend you using Niagara going forward!
If you have a Niagara System setup you could set a User Exposed Parameter from a Blueprint and send the same value to your MPC

1 Like

Okay, let’s say I do it through Niagara, but how do I set a custom parameter from the schema and send the same value?

I created Niagara Parameter Collection. All the same, you need to separately configure this parameter separately from the materil collection. Is it possible to change values ​​in one action?

I would make Blueprint and drag it in the scene. Something like BP_WindController that references and sets the values for both the Material Parameter Collection and the Niagara one in its construction script.
I haven’t used Niagara Parameters Collections myself, but I assume setting their parameter values is possible withing blueprints.

1 Like