Particle still makes trail with Use Local Space

Hello! I have a candle flame particle and have a blueprint where the player can pick up the candle. I have use local space checked on the particle and it works when I move and rotate the particle in the scene. When I attach it to the player however, the candle does have a trail when the camera rotates quickly.

I followed the tutorial here Unreal Engine 4 Tutorial: Candle Fire Particle (english) - YouTube to make the particle system. Is there any way to fix this? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks. :slight_smile:

Are you sure it is particle sprites and not some ghosting artifact caused by temporal AA?

How can I fix those ghosting artifacts if they are artifacts?

Looks like motion blur to me, look how insane the blur is on the Pillars in the background. I’d highly recommend turning motion blur down a lot. Tbh, I often drop it to zero.

To check if it’s the particle or the motion blur, give the particles an insanely long lifespan and see if they leave behind a long trail. If they do, it’s a setup issue with the Particle System.

Thank you so much! It worked great. It was a problem with the motion blur. I just went into the character controller blueprint and changed the motion control on the camera to 0. Thanks for your help. :slight_smile: