Particle Instance Parameters

I’m following the beam tutorial found here but I can’t seem to figure out how to make instance parameters. I went through the tutorial on the wiki here, but it only tells you how to make them when there’s a handy right click menu, which so helpfully states isn’t the case most of the time.

So… How would I do it for the source and target properties?

Hey Saumanahaii -

For the Beam emitter you can go into the Source module and select Actor and give the Source Name a unique name. Do the same for Target but give it a different unique name. Place the emitter in your level and Click on Expose Parameter it should then expose the Source and Target parameter you set up in Cascade. Next under the Actor click the drop down and select the in level actor that you want to have be the source and then again for the target.

Thank You

Eric Ketchum

Thanks for the help! Does that mean that the actor has to be part of the game world then? I’ve got both the source and target billboards as part of the Character blueprint, so that I keep everything together. I’ve put the emitter in there, too. Would I need to move the nodes into the world and just set them as needed?

Hey Saumanahaii -

Setting this up in Blueprints is slightly different, but here is the breakdown:

You will be using the Vector Paramater setup in the Source and Target Modules and you would have to make sure that you set the Parameter Modes set to Direct in both. The Blueprints I have set in the Constructor Script, but doesn’t have to be setup there depending on how you are using the effect.

Thank You

Eric Ketchum

Just in case no one has told you you’re awesome today, well, you are. That last image got me there, sans a minor mishap relating to relative and world location, and now my code is working. Thanks!