Download

Particle fog system POV problem

Hi, I have a particle fog system in my level and I have found that the fog seems to change direction strangely, as in it seems like the fog clouds are always trying to face/orient to the camera rotation.

This is particularly a problem as it is a VR game and it looks very odd. Is there an option somewhere to prevent it doing this so the particles have a fixed orientation regardless of how the
camera moves around it?

Thanks in adv

Probably choosing a better screen alignment in the particle required module, but I couldn’t tell you which w/o testing. There’s also not a lot of documentation so its a bit of a guessing game to find the right one and understand why.

Hi
Hope it’ll help you

http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/378367Particle.jpg

Make sure check enable : Use Local Space to rotate it as you want :slight_smile:

Hi
I’m having the same problem : when using particles (GPU sprite emitter which creates a floating dust field in space) and VR together the particles all seem to rotate/move with the camera/HMD rather than staying locked to the world-space like everything else.
I’m using Screen Alignment = PSA Facing Camera and have tried the other screen aligment options which haven’t fixed the issue.
The above suggestion of adding a Lock Axis node and setting the orientation to X didn’t work either.

Does anyone know how to get the particles to stay locked to world space when using an HMD?

Thanks