Particle effect can't display when package game with shipping build configuration

In UE 4.11, I’m doing a particle effect that there is a ribbon follows a particle so it’s leaves a nice trail.I try to package the game in shipping build configuration,but when i run the game in the package folder, the ribbon trail can’t be seen,but in a development build configuration everything is fine.So i turned to use UE4.10.4 to package the same particle effect again, it’s all good whether in shipping configuration or development configuration.I think it might be a bug?

1. Problem happened in Unreal Engine
  2. Package target platform Windows 32,
    Windows 64
  3. Build Configuration-> Shipping

this is what should be:

and this is what i saw in a shipping build game

Hi Thorcxcx,

Thank you for the report. I’ve submitted UE-29078 for this to be investigated.

In the event that anyone finds this post and runs into the same issue. In the test asset I used from Content Examples with a ribbon particle I was seeing the same result in Development packaging as well and not just Shipping packaging.

Thank you!

Tim

Hey Tim, just wanted to speak up and say I’m having the exact same problem. Using 4.11.1 and my ribbon particles work fine in editor but fail to draw almost all of the time in the packaged (shipping) build. Strangely, it’s not all of the time… I have one particular effect that spawns 12 ribbons simultaneously and often 1 or 2 of the ribbons will be rendered while the others are MIA.

Hope we can get a fix for this soon. Thanks!

Hi SVR33
I have the same problem as you, it’s worrying.

No need to worry, they are aware of the problems. You don’t really need to have shipping build to see it. It is obvious that they overoptimized the GPU/Ribbon emitters and they know it. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yep, I have the same issue with all ribbon partices in development builds (but not in editor). I hope this gets resolved in future patches to 4.11 :slight_smile:

Same it’s about 1 in 10 show up

So, who knows how to communicate with developers? To their request improvements or report problems.

So I have the same issue as well, and I need to have a packaged build soon.

Issue has been resolved in 4.12.