Parallax Occlusion Mapping + world aligned texture.

Hello,
the title says everything. I created material with POM inside using this tutorial. It works fine but i need this material to be world aligned and i don’t know how to do it. My material looks just like the one in tutorial and i don’t know how to connect my texture with parallax UV’s to worldalignedtexture node because it want’s texture object. Is there some way to do it?

Thanks.
Kavaar

There is no automatic support for POM with tri planar mapping yet. You could do it but it would require making 2 new nodes that swizzle the camera vector into the correct spaces.

For the Z (top down) projection no swizzle is necessary
For the XZ you need to swizzle it so that the Z from the original camera vector becomes the X, in addition to flipping the sign based on if the X is positive or negative.
For the YZ you would need to swizzle it so that the Z from the original camera vector because the Y, in addition to flipping the sign based on if the Y is positive or negative.

So as you can see POM needs to be performed 3 separate times and modifications to each. One day I will get around to making an example out of it but I haven’t had time yet.

You can make POM work with a single world aligned XY coordinates. Simply set the “Use World Coords” to true on the input bool.

Thank you for your answer Ryan. As you said, it works good with XY coordinates only, but unfortunately i am making a wall texture… and to be honest, i have no idea how to do the things that you are writing about. Could you give me some hints?

hey did anyone found a solution ?