Paper Sprite Texture Adjustments

I have seen this question posted before, but have not found a solution yet. Sometimes, when I create a sprite or use an image in a widget, the colors in the sprite are brighter than the imported texture.

The texture

The in-game widget image.

As you can see below, this change does not occur with all my textures.

The Texture

The Sprite

The only difference I have found between both examples is that the texture in the first example is larger than the texture in the second example and has no Mips.

Can anyone provide me with some insight regarding this issue?

Sounds like that lovely Auto-Exposure is kicking in, and ruining your day ^.^ Try to place a Post-Process-Volume in your scene and in there activate “Infinite Extent (Unbound)”, so that it affects everything in the whole level, not just anything within its bounds. Go to the exposure tab and switch to manual, and then use the exposure compensation to dial in the brightness.
Here an example from my standard settings for a regular default scene with directional light intensity 8-10 (you have to test that for your scene).

And if you haven´t already, you might want use the Paper2D settings for your textures, to do so, right click on your selected textures and use this setting here:

ApplyPaper2DTextureSettings

Thank you for the advice. Unfortunately, this did not solve the issue because my Widgets are not affected by Post Processing. I tried changing the post-process options but did not notice any change in the image.

I think there is a problem with my export or import options because most of my sprites do not have this problem.

Your advice helped me figure out another problem I was having. The post-processing manual exposure option helped me eliminate an over-exposure flare within the first 5 seconds of play mode.

I found the issue. sRGB was unchecked in the texture. After checking sRGB, nothing changes in the texture, but if you look at the sprite or UI, the colors match.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.