Paper 2D Render Errors?

I have just encountered this problem (the slight green bits on the transparent edges of the slopes) while using Paper 2D

I have tried changing the resolution of the image (was 7070, changed it to 6464), I’ve tried restarting the editor, I’ve tried resizing the sprite’s source area, and nothing worked?
Does anyone know of how to fix this if there is a way?

Hi WarLord -

It looks like your material’s texture has a pixel edge that is not being alpha-ed correctly? Could you post a screenshot of the texture’s RGB and then its Alpha Channel from the Texture Editor?

Thank You

Eric Ketchum

This is the image in editor. For some reason it has a green bit on the edge.

But the actual texture in windows doesn’t.

Also similar things also happen with every other type of sprite I have, but this is the most visible.

Hi WarLord -

Try rolling out the Advanced slider on the Texture section of the Texture Editor and under Filter choose “Nearest”

This will remove the smoothing effect on the texture and take it closer to straight pixel origin. You may need to do this to your other textures as well as the blending may be off.

Let me know -

Eric Ketchum

Thankyou! This worked! (Although it doesn’t look as nice)

Are there any plans to improve the filtering? For instance, blurring the RGB but not (which is what I think is happening) blurring the alpha channel?

Thank you so much! I spent a long time searching for that setting.