Panoramic Capture in Unreal Engine 5 problem

Long story short !!
the CPP class saves the captured images inside the binaries of UE5 files [C:/Program Files/Epic Games/UE_5.0/Engine/Binaries/Win64]

so just type inside the command executer node SP.OutputDir Game/[file_name] and compile/save and hit play

after the capturing, you will find your panoramic captures inside the Win64 folder [C:/Program Files/Epic Games/UE_5.0/Engine/Binaries/Win64/Game/[file_name]]

it is a bug I know and you can fix it by editing the SceneCapturer.cpp file but for non-programmer people, this is your way to do it :slight_smile:

Sam

Hi all, and thanks everyone for your reply!
The problem is that i’m on mac and dont have c:/ directories anywhere, let alone a Win64 folder!
It would be cool if somehow the plugin can be written to define a directory regardless of the operating system. (eg. file-path)

Fastest/best fix

1 Like

so glad for this thread
was pulling my hair out
need stereo renders!

It worked thank you so much

Hi! Thank you very much, finally it worked in UE5.1.1
But i still have an issue, when i tap in console SP.PanoramicScreenshot and press enter

this message appears : “Scene capture has no viewstate. This may affect virtual shadow map caching performance, consider enabling bAlwaysPersistRenderingState or bCaptureEveryFrame”
What does it mean?

1 Like

Hello ppl! Thanks for all the great help here sorting out the output dir problem, that one is solved. But … any of you managed to make this work with Lumen at all? I can get the tool to render, but the final images don’t have Lumen GI nor reflections :frowning: Any tips? Is it even possible? Thank you.

SP.OutputDir /directory name

This directory name will appear in the root directory of the UE5 disk that has been installed. UE5.11 did not fix this problem, and it will also occur 。
This feature, like the PanoramicRender added to the rendering element, does not support lumen. It is suitable for 360VR baking output effects, so I feel it is not very useful

Just open console command, by pressing ~ key type SP.OutputDir? press enter it will show you the path copy it paste it where you need it

I’m using version 5.1 of UE5.1, and after much trial and error, I still can’t customize the panorama to be stored in another drive location, but I can make the panorama be stored in the root directory of the drive where the engine is located.

The operations are as follows: Enter SP.OutputDir… /… /… /… /… /… /… /… /… /AAA. AAA root directory folder. Or… /… /… /… /… /… /… /… /… /BBB

My engine is stored on the E: drive, so the output panorama can be found in the root directory of the E drive.

thanks dude

Go to window 'editor Preferences '.
Search ‘directory’ and find Screenshots>Editor Screenshot Save Directory.
I succeeded using the address next to it.

I tried every option that mentioned beofre on 5.3 and it doesn’t work what the most strange I used to fix it and do it on 5.0 long time ago and I tried there for testing and it stoped working too… Eh… need 360 capture extremly soon, would apreciate if there is any other advice. (I also tried different plugin but it so darken that all my colors became broken and image became usless) eh…

Update: made it working however it made image way tooo dark when in reality color is good, unfortunatly it is so dark that even postprocess won’t help. Who had similiar issue?

How did you make it work in 5.3?