Packing error ( cooking failure )

hello im trying to package my project but i keep getting cooking fail , i have tried everything ive found on the forum but the problem persists , i have built theproject before formatting my camputer but now it wont . here’s my logs , please help
Cook-2022.08.30-17.27.12.txt (687.0 KB)
Log.txt (710.5 KB)

Warning: Unable to find package for cooking /Game/CartoonWaterShader/Maps/CartoonWater_Example
ProcessResult.StdOut: LogCook: Warning: Unable to find package for cooking /Game/CartoonWaterShader/Meshes/GrassBlades/NewLandscapeGrassType
ProcessResult.StdOut: LogCook: Warning: Unable to find package for cooking /Game/CartoonWaterShader/Materials/Water/River/M_River_UNLIT_Transparent_Tesselated_Inst
ProcessResult.StdOut: LogCook: Warning: Unable to find package for cooking /Game/CartoonWaterShader/Materials/Water/Ocean/M_River_UNLIT_Transparent_Tesselated_Distancefield
ProcessResult.StdOut: LogCook: Warning: Unable to find package for cooking /Game/CartoonWaterShader/Materials/Water/Ocean/M_Ocean_UNLIT_Transparent_Tessellated2
ProcessResult.StdOut: LogCook: Warning: Unable to find package for cooking /Game/CartoonWaterShader/Materials/Water/Ocean/M_Ocean_Mobile2
ProcessResult.StdOut: LogCook: Warning: Unable to find package for cooking /Game/CartoonWaterShader/Materials/Water/Ocean/M_Lake_UNLIT_Transparent_Tessellated
ProcessResult.StdOut: LogCook: Warning: Unable to find package for cooking /Game/CartoonWaterShader/Materials/Water/Ocean/MI_Ocean_UNLIT_Transparent_Tesselated_Distancefield
ProcessResult.StdOut: LogCook: Warning: Unable to find package for cooking /Game/CartoonWaterShader/Materials/Water/Lake/M_Lake_UNLIT_Transparent_Tessellated_Inst
ProcessResult.StdOut: LogCook: Warning: Unable to find package for cooking /Game/CartoonWaterShader/Materials/Water/Lake/M_Lake_PBR_Transparent_Tessellated_Inst
ProcessResult.StdOut: LogCook: Warning: Unable to find package for cooking /Game/CartoonWaterShader/Materials/Water/M_CartoonWater_Tesselated_SSR_Distancefield
ProcessResult.StdOut: LogCook: Warning: Unable to find package for cooking /Game/CartoonWaterShader/Materials/Water/M_CartoonWaterMaterial2_Inst
ProcessResult.StdOut: LogCook: Warning: Unable to find package for cooking /Game/CartoonWaterShader/Materials/BaseMaterials/House

You said you formatted your computer??? Check to see if the files where you Imported these Materials from(the Images that comprise the Material) are in the Same place they were when you put them in your project. And then ensure when you hover over them (the Images that comprise the Material)See if their path is set up correctly, and is pointing to the file on your computer. If all that seems okay, try reimporting them anyway. Do that for all the materials that say UNABLE TO FIND PACKAGE FOR COOKING. I hope this works, I’m not the best when it comes to Cooking errors, I only spoke up because no one has responded yet.

P.S. Probably should start by hovering the images that comprise Material, and see the path the file is pointing to. I made it sound like somehow you would have memorized the exactly spot you kept the images for a Material you probably imported a long time ago.

so basically after formatting my camputer and getting a copy of my project some files were brought somehow corrupted , so i kept searching for days for a corrupted file which by pure luck i found i was trying to delete a folder but everytime i try to dezlete it the editor freezes and shutdown i was able to package it today after manually removing the file .
thanks for replying tho i really appreciate it!

1 Like