Packing data with the project

You can pack files from your Content directory with your project from Project Settings -> Packaging -> Additional Non-Asset Directories to Package.

About file format, you can either:

• Make your own format, you can save it wherever you need
  • Write *.sav files to custom locations (you can solve that with C++, not extremely trivially, but relatively easily), for example your Content folder (beware, that it won’t work well with consoles probably)

So I’ve been working on a plugin for unreal that generates data in editor which is then saved. This data then needs to be accessible and readable in the package build, however if I use the .sav SaveToSlot method or the Rama save system (see link at bottom) in editor to generate the save files, these files don’t get included in the package. Is there a specific way to store data in editor for use in package builds. I know I could technically copy the save files from the editor build and paste the save files to the directory of the packaged builds but of course that only works for a local copy and isn’t really an dynamic option when distributing the project to the other people.

A new, community-hosted Unreal Engine Wiki - Announcements - Unreal Engine Forums,Read%26_Write_Any_Data_to_Compressed_Binary_Files

Do either of you know how, concretely, this is done? I’m a beginner with C++ and can’t really follow this. I’m trying to package a struct array DataTable with values that were saved in-editor.