Packed server starts and closes fast with no error log.

Packed server, When I open, it starts and closes fast with no error log.
I packed the server with the debug option, when opening the dedicated server it initializes all the modules and closes right before opening the map, in the editor this does not happen. What could it be? I’ve been trying to figure it out for over a month. In the saved log it does not show any error. I’m using SCUE4 Anti Cheat and SteamCorePro

MyProject.log (71.9 KB)

According to your log:

[2023.03.10-03.15.11:637][  0]LogInit: Display: Engine is initialized. Leaving FEngineLoop::Init()
[2023.03.10-03.15.11:637][  0]LogLoad: (Engine Initialization) Total time: 23.63 seconds
[2023.03.10-03.15.11:638][  0]LogCore: Engine exit requested (reason: EngineExit() was called; note: exit was already requested)

It’s exiting because EngineExit() was called. I recommend you put a breakpoint there and see why it’s being called.

I create a blank project to test it :frowning:

I think the plugin: SCUE4 Anti Cheat is causing this, I noticed that the SCUE64.exe executable doesn’t open on the packaged server different from the server on the Editor, so maybe the subsystem of the plugin is calling the exit function since the anti cheat doesn’t activated due to some problem. What I noticed is that when I compiled my project with the plugin activated, when starting the standalone game or server it showed an error saying that it was trying to reference the modules in the engine folder instead of the game project folder, so I was forced to copying the plugin to the folder plugins Marketplace > SCUE4 and recompiling the engine, which was not a good practice. Does anyone know how to fix the SCUE4 plugin reference to the project folder instead of the engine?

[2023.03.10-16.53.14:110][ 0]LogWindows: Warning: CreateProc failed: The system cannot find the file specified. (0x00000002)

[2023.03.10-16.53.14:111][ 0]LogWindows: Warning: URL: ../../../Engine/Plugins/Marketplace/SCUE4/Source/ThirdParty/x64/SCUE4x64.exe MyProject

On packed server :frowning:

I deactivated the SCUE4 Anti Cheat plugin, compiled the project and repackaged it, the problem ended, in fact what was causing the shutdown was the Anti Cheat plugin, I don’t know exactly why, I believe it is some bug that causes the process to terminate. game as if it were some “malicious process” trying to inject and cheat.

It’s telling you the file it’s trying to execute isn’t there.

1 Like

The problem was having copied a plugin downloaded from the Marketplace and putting it in the source project folder, it was referencing the Marketplace engine folders, it is necessary to delete the plugin binaries and recompile the project with the plugin activated.