[packaging][windows] Bypass DirectX SDK install? Via MinimumOSVersion?

Hi, curious if there’s a way to streamline the game installer if I know my game will only run on Windows 8.1 or later.

I would love to simplify the UE4 prerequesites and overhead, especially the error-prone June 2010 DirectX SDK installation. Unsure of what specific technologies are installed via that SDK (XAudio2 v2.7, others), but my guess is that Windows 8.1 has the prereqs already. Is this true?

If so, I’d like to reflect this in the MinimumOSVersion setting of the project settings, which currently only allows for XP or Vista. An “8.1” option would be nice and even a “10” option depending on your plans with UWP.

The answers in this thread indicate planned improvements to the launcher’s prerequisite installer, are these available now? If so, do they extend to the game prereq installer?:

Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Hi ,

Due to the large volume of questions and comments concerning the Engine, we did not have a chance to respond to your post at the time you submitted it and, thus, the issue is now outdated. If you are still experiencing this issue in the current release of the Engine, please make a new post for assistance.

Thanks,