Packaging Says Successful But Folder Empty

I am using version 4.23.0 (launcher release) and having problems trying to package my project for Windows. When I try to package my project the message for “Packaging Successful” appears after 1sec but no work was done and the folder I pointed to is empty. I have the same issue when trying to Cook the content as well. The Output log is empty so I don’t even have a hint of where to start looking.

I have tested this on engine versions 4.21.2 and 4.22.3 as well using basic templates like the Third Person project, Rolling project and get the same results. I have packaged projects before on 4.21 without issue but that was quite a while ago.

Has anybody experienced this issue before or can anybody help point me in the right direction as to what might be causing this? I have Visual Studio 2015 and 2017 Community installed, along with the C++ Redists for 2010/12/13/15/17. I have Win10 up to date and have read the documentation pages on packaging, following all steps on there with no luck.

In case anyone else comes across this with the same problem - I got around it by creating another user account in Windows and packaging my project there. Must have been a permissions error or something gone wonky in a windows update.

1 Like

For me it was because I have not downloaded this

once I did it worked perfectly.

2 Likes