Packaging is stuck on "UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Waiting for child processes to complete (0/1)"

HI, I have a problem cooking my project on UE4.26.2.
It states: “UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Waiting for child processes to complete (0/1)”
No errors, no crashes, just stuck duplicating that line over and over in an output log.
I’ve cleaned the Intermediate, Build and Binaries folders and no success.
Does anyone has the same problem?
Sorry if this is a common issue and I couldn’t find the solution, but I’m really desperate as a project deadline is tomorrow D:

1 Like

Did you solve this? Have exactly same issue in same engine version, thanks

Not really. I had a project with lots of alembic files which took ages to package. I’ve left unreal to package over night and it finished the job. I’ll say it depends on your machine. I have a i9 9k and 32gb ram and it took really long time.

Still no answer to this issue, doesn’t surprise me, since UE5 became a thing people just stopped caring about fixing the issues in UE4?

I’m having this issue also. Packaging has started taking hours instead of minutes, with no major changes to the project.

Hundreds of lines of this: UATHelper: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): Waiting for child processes to complete (0/1)

1 Like