Packaging a pointcloud does not work "Compressed bulk data is not supported in cooked builds"

Hi,
after a long time I dared to use Unreal and I’m facing a problem that I haven’t read anywhere before. Hopefully it is something obvious:
I am using the 3rd person template and want to display a simple pointcloud. For this I use the LIDAR plugin.
When I now want to pack the project for Windows I get the error that “compressed bulk data is not supported”.

PackagingResults: Error: appError called: Assertion failed: DataResource.SerialSize == DataResource.RawSize [File:D:\build\++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Developer\IoStoreUtilities\Private\PackageStoreOptimizer.cpp] [Line: 559]
PackagingResults: Error: === Critical error: ===
PackagingResults: Error: Assertion failed: DataResource.SerialSize == DataResource.RawSize [File:D:\build\++UE5\Sync\Engine\Source\Developer\IoStoreUtilities\Private\PackageStoreOptimizer.cpp] [Line: 559]
PackagingResults: Error: Compressed bulk data is not supported in cooked builds

can anyone help me or point me to a solution for my problem? <3

1 Like

Unreal 5.3.0

• Project - Packaging
    • Uncheck Use Io Store

I let the Create compressed cooked packages checked.

I could build successfully and play my 500M point cloud!!! (I’ve noticed IoStore.dll errors in the error log, I hope you have the same)

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.