Packaged game will not launch - Error Code 0xc0000007b

Yeah. Basicially I packaged my basic little game in the Shipping Windows-32bit version. On my normal PC it’s running perfectly. I wanted to test it out on another computer, and there (it’s a Windows-8-64bit computer), there’s an error:
“The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000007b). Click OK to exit.” So I read that I have to install C++ Redistributables, and to say: I had. I installed the 2013 and 2012 x86 and x64 versions, but nothing happens. It still not launch. So heres the dxdiag of the Win8-PC: Click!. Allthough on a friend’s computer, It not runs too. Please help!

Have them run the UE4 prerequisites installer. You can find it in your engine install directory here: UE4/Engine/Extras/Redist/en-us/UE4PrereqSetup.msi

Doesn’t make any changes… I installed it and restartet the computer, but nothing happens…

I’m sorry to hear that did not work. The prerequisites installer installs x86/x64 C++ redistributables for 2010, 2012, and 2013. It also installs DirectX. Those should be all you need. If it did not work, that implies one of the dependency components is not installed properly for some reason. There is an in-depth thread about tracking down the root cause of the error you are seeing here: LINK

In your case, you would be performing the process on your packaged game instead of the launcher.

Would you be able to post your dependency walker log?

I tried all of this, but it still not work. I have renstalled the UE4 Prereq many times. I’ve done this with the dependency walker, but it simply sais none of those “corrupt” dlls. Just: “At least one module has an unresolved import due to a missing export function in an implicitly depndenent module.” and “Error: Modules with different CPU types were found.” PLEASE HELP!

Sure. LINK

Done it. The same error as before. Im freaking out! I wanna release my game on steam and this is absolutly not that what I want.

After looking at your log, I think this is the problem: [ E6] c:\windows\system32\XINPUT1_3.DLL

What I would try is this:

  1. Backup this file c:\windows\system32\XINPUT1_3.DLL by renaming it to XINPUT1_3.DLL_BACKUP
  2. Run the DirectX setup from your Unreal Engine install folder(The default location is this C:\Program Files\Unreal Engine\DirectXRedist\DXSETUP.EXE ) Or you can download it from the Microsoft website
  3. Ensure a new version of this file was put here: c:\windows\system32\XINPUT1_3.DLL
  4. Run your game again.

Once you followed the steps above, does the same error appear in a new Dependency Walker log? Also, do you have the same issue when you use Shipping 64bit Windows settings to package your game?

Somehow, I can’t ship in 64 bit. The Shipping profile is just for 32bit activated… I’m going to take a look on the new log tomorrow.

So heres the new log: LINK Can you tell me why I can’t ship in 64bits?

EDIT: I forgot to say, that theres a XInput1_4.dll on the Win8 PC, on my normal computer just the XInput1_3. Makes this any difference? I tried to copy my xinput to the win8 computer but nothing changes.

Please help…

Sorry for the delay. I was going to try and reproduce your issue but I’m not sure when I will get a chance. Would you be able to provide more info on which engine version you are using and let us know if you run into the same issue packaging any of the sample games? Perhaps, with that info, someone familiar with packaging games will be able to chime in too.

Hey! I currently work on other things so don’t worry about your delay. My Engine version is 4.4.3. I will try tomorrow packaging.

Okey as already said, my Engine version is 4.4.3. I tried out packaging TappyChicken, but the same error on my Win8 laptop than with my game…

Hey I heard a long time nothing from you… Do you still try to figure out whats my problem here?

Still trying to track down the root of the issue. It may be a bit complicated. I’m also going to try to get someone with more knowledge about packaged games to comment.

So here is the problem, as I see it:
According to your dependency walker logs, your 32 bit packaged game is trying to use 64bit DirectX input DLL( c:\windows\system32\XINPUT1_3.DLL ). On 64 bit windows operating systems, the system32 folder contains 64bit DLLs (this may seem counterintuitive but it is done for compatibility reasons). It should be trying to use the XINPUT1_3.dll located in the SysWOW64 folder ( c:\windows\SysWOW64\XINPUT1_3.DLL ).

I’m unsure why it is failing to use the correct DLL because Windows should automatically redirect to the appropriate folder. Either that redirection is failing for some reason or the 32bit version of DirectX didn’t install properly.

Can you check to see if you have this file on the computer having the issue? :

c:\windows\SysWOW64\XINPUT1_3.DLL

Also, to help me track down the issue, can you provide this log file from the computer that is having the problem: C:\Windows\Logs\DirectX.log

Okey, the XINPUT1_3.dll exists at your given directory on the issue-computer. Heres the directx log: LINK

Ok, try this, the same steps I posted before but this time on the SysWOW64 folder.

  1. Backup this file c:\windows\SysWOW64\XINPUT1_3.DLL by renaming it to XINPUT1_3.DLL_BACKUP
  2. Run the DirectX setup from your Unreal Engine install folder(The default location is this C:\Program Files\Unreal Engine\DirectXRedist\DXSETUP.EXE ) Or you can download it from the Microsoft website Or you can use UE4PrereqSetup.msi again
  3. Ensure a new version of this file was put here: c:\windows\SysWOW64\XINPUT1_3.DLL
  4. Run your game again.