Packaged game will not launch - Error Code 0xc0000007b

Sorry, I’m not sure I fully understand. Did you get past the Error Code 0xc0000007b with the potential fix I posted? Or is this a new question?

Ok strange thing: My game runs NOT in the 64bit version, but it runs smoothly in the 32bit version. My TappyChicken game runs not on Win64 version too. Do you know why?

So if I start the application in the Win64 folder, it outputs the 0xc0000007b error, but if i start the application in the Win32 folder, that equals the Shipping build options i think, it runs without errors.

Ok, so it sounds like we got you past the error for the Win32 builds you have been providing dependency walker logs for. Since I have not seen the Win64 Dependency Walker logs yet I’m not sure I can tell you exactly what is wrong. It is probably a similar issue caused by an existing DLL, that has been corrupted, not being replaced properly. That is why I had you backup/rename a DLL and run the associated installer. We probably need to do the same thing but in the System32 folder. We need to figure out which module is having the problem from the DW logs.

Okey, this is my Win64 version dependency log: LINK. It looks like it searches 64bit dlls in the 32 directory.

Please use the 64bit Dependency walker. You can find it here: x64 Dependency Walker

Oh sorry. here:

Sorry that is still not right. You used the wrong version of Dependency walker. You are using Dependency Walker: 2.2.6000 (32-bit). I need you to use Dependency Walker (64-bit).

You should run the 64bit dependency walker, with the following executable: g:\windowsnoeditor\topdownthirdperson\binaries\win64\TOPDOWNTHIRDPERSON.EXE

F*** i messed up those log files on google drive. Now I found out the right file (I already had this):

Oh my god. It finally worked. After this long time! It works for both 32 and 64bit versions! Thank you so much. Ah I’m glad it worked. So here are my 2 “backup”-dlls: X3DAudio1_7 and xinput1_3

Ok, that is the right log :slight_smile:

Two issues jump out at me from that log file. Here is what you can try:

1. Backup these two files c:\windows\system32\X3DAUDIO1_7.DLL and c:\windows\system32\XINPUT1_3.DLL by adding _BACKUP to the name
  2. Run the DirectX setup from your Unreal Engine install folder(The default location is this C:\Program Files\Unreal Engine\DirectXRedist\DXSETUP.EXE ) Or you can download it from the Microsoft website Or you can use UE4PrereqSetup.msi again
  3. Ensure a new version of those files was added.
  4. Run your game again.

My suspicion is that those files were corrupted, altered, or tampered with in a way that prevents the DirectX redist installer from overwriting them. In other words, they are reporting to be the same version that we are trying to install and the DirectX installer skips them. I would like to get my hands on your ‘backup’ copies of the DLLs so I can check them out. The issue is fixed when you rename them because the DirectX installer will add new copies and the old copies are not interfering with that process.