Packaged game showing error text in-game

How can I prevent showing error messages after packaging the game. I’m using UE 5.0.3 and package setting for shipping.

Untitled

Could you share more about your setup?

If the package setting was truly shipping, this debug message would not appear there and it would not allow you to run a package without cooked content (like static lightning).

In your case, you probably have a development package with NO cooked lightning, that’s why this message appears there. You gotta rebuild lightning before packaging.

For more context see:

Greetings @Akimikage

This is going to sound like an oversimplification. But, you should be able to resolve that warning showing up by building the lighting in UE.

I tried 2 different methods which are package by settings and package shipping and the result was the same. I can see texts and I can enable console by pressing tilde.

@FrostyJas
The problem with this is it will remove that specific error text but other texts still appear and I can still enable the console command.

Other error/red text appear after you build lighting?

Not really error specifically but texts that I think should only appear on UE editor. I’m using the package project on UE editor and not the package launcher because I get packaging errors when using the project launcher but it succeeds when using the UE editor button. The problem is it seems like it’s not packaging for shipping because I can see UE editor texts and can launch the console.

I finally was able to fix the errors when packaging using the project launcher and was able to package the game for shipping. Now it doesn’t show error texts and console command cannot be launched anymore

1 Like

Good deal! I’m glad that you were able to get it fixed! Have a good week!