Packaged .apk from UE 5.0.3 crashes upon launch on Oculus Quest 2 suddenly

Hello fellow developers… please help me out, any suggestions/solutions would mean a lot.

Problem:

• Meta Quest Developer Hub (.apk built from Unreal Engine 5.0.3) crashes upon launching.
  • App launch on oculus was working fine 6 hours before my Oculus Quest 2 was left switched on unattended (went to bed, woke up, did nothing to change anything and it didn’t work anymore. was able to launch + cast prior).

Have tried to troubleshoot but to no avail:

• factory reseting oculus + changing a new oculus set
  • reinstalling several backed-up .apk files which used to work prior to sleeping
  • repackaging .apk from my different backed-up unreal projects

Have tried and worked:

• Got the sample VR template from UE and .apk packaged it, was a successful launch on oculus. (new sample template works, but old UE5 project file which used to work isn’t anymore?)

It is too time consuming for me to rebuild the entire game from the new VR template (tried migrating project, will crash upon launch).

Anyone has any idea or can pinpoint out a straightforward solution for my case? Please send help!

Latest updates use API level 32, that’s probably your issue.
APILevel

1 Like

Hello @TrueFranco ! may I know how do i check my android version on my oculus like the one you showed in your photo?

Connect your device to the computer by USB and open unreal editor, click Platform Icon on the toolbar ,Device Manager.

1 Like

[This is probably a solution]
Hello,
Just in case someone is facing the same issue… I’m using 5.3.2 for Quest 3 and I solved the problem just by following this guide:
https://dev.epicgames.com/community/learning/tutorials/3Vx6/unreal-engine-5-3-2-for-meta-quest-vr