Package sqlite on Android

Hi,
I am running in an i/o disk error, when running my android app when doing write operations, reading from the db works just fine. And it only happens on android (windows works fine (packaged or launched via editor))

I experimented with ‘package non-asset directories’ which didnt work for me (only for reading and only when launched on my phone via editor - when packaged opening the db worked but everything seems to be empty, or I simply couldnt read from the .db file not quite sure) so I picked the ‘copy non-asset directories’ option, and only when on android I am copying the .db file to GExternalFilePath on startup. When doing this it was the first time I could read from the database after packaging. But still cant write to it.

I also added the android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE in the extra permission section in project setting, as well as android:requestLegacyExternalStorage=“true” in the application setting (tbh dont know what that is but I am desperate at this point^^), double checked my phone’s privacy settings → it has storage rights

Seems like I am overseeing either a packaging setting or missing some privileges for filehandling on android…

Would be great if somebody could help me, since I am running out of options and forum threads with good ideas :frowning:

Hello :slight_smile:
Did you find a solution to your problem?

I have a similar issue to read the data from a SQLite .db file…

I explained it here : Error opening/reading SQLite Database .db file - I/O Disk Error - UE 5.1

If you have any clue or suggestion, I’ll take it ^^

Hey did you find solution on this please let me know