Package installation versus Launch issues.

I’m trying to deploy a basic C++ Basic game app from UE4 to an Samsung Galaxy S7 with Gear VR.

When I use the “Launch” to install the app on the S7, everything renders correctly and works as expected.

When I use Package Builder with File->Package Object->Android->Android (ATSC), wait for the package to get created and install with the Install_CPPBC_Development-armv7-es2.bat, I only get a black screen with the white circular controls present.

I also tried the C++ First Person game, use the Package Builder: File->Package Object->Android->Android (ATSC); wait for the package to get created and install with the installation bat file, everything works. So I know the packager works.

Any ideas what I might be doing wrong with the Package Builder?

Thank you for any assistance. I did a search first, but everything else with black screens has to do with the osig file.

Double check in your project settings that you are loading the correct map initially on the device
and are you sure your OSIG file is placed correctly in the engine folders?

Okay - that sounds very plausible to what the problem may be.

As for the osig file, I’m assuming since the C++ First Person game can run correctly when installed from the Package Builder and installed the same manner, then I have placed it correctly…but I’ve been wrong before.

Thank you for the help.

The default map was the problem. Thanks again aussieburger!