Package error Android VR

Hello,

I’m experiencing a package error when I try to package my brand new empty android project.
I used Nvidia CodeWorks for Android 1R5 to install all the required components and used the guide to set everything up https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest/INT/Platforms/GoogleVR/QuickStart/2/index.html
and to setup all the project settings.

Under SDK Config in the project setting I tried a few settings.
SDK levels I tried: latest, android-24, android-19 but all those give some sort of error.
The log below if from a build attempt with SDK levels set to: latest

log text

I have the same error log… I’m also looking for a solution.

Hello Cultor,

After doing a bit of digging I was able to find that this is a known issue. I have provided a link to the public tracker. Please feel free to use the link provided for future updates.

Link: Unreal Engine Issues and Bug Tracker (UE-40272)

Notes for issue: Need to use SDK API level android-24 with Daydream.

Make it a great day

Thanks for digging, much appreciated Rudy! This means that we have to wait for a fix? On the tracker it’s listed as Resolved which is confusing me right now.

Could you double check to make sure that you are using SDK API level android-24?

I was confused sorry I read your post like “This is a known issue and not fixed yet in 4.15” Anyway, the packaging seems to work now, I’m not quite sure why it now works. I did use android-24 yesterday but maybe the SDK was missing something? I assumed the default Nvidia tool was setup correctly :slight_smile:

I did the following things so this might help someone:

• Go to C:\NVPACK\android-sdk-windows and open the SDK Manager.exe and make sure API 24 is installed.
  • In the Unreal folder deleting the Intermediate/Build/Saved folder.

These are now my project settings:

I’ve not tried the build yet on a phone, that’s the next step.