Package error and the error prompt cannot be understood

[927/931] Compile Module.Engine.39_of_56.cpp
[928/931] Compile Module.Engine.37_of_56.cpp
[929/931] Compile Module.Engine.20_of_56.cpp
CompilationResultException: Error: OtherCompilationError
at UnrealBuildTool.ActionGraph.ExecuteActions(BuildConfiguration BuildConfiguration, List1 ActionsToExecute, List1 TargetDescriptors) in F:\UnrealEngine-5.0.3-release\Engine\Source\Programs\UnrealBuildTool\System\ActionGraph.cs:line 375
at UnrealBuildTool.BuildMode.Build(TargetMakefile[] Makefiles, List1 TargetDescriptors, BuildConfiguration BuildConfiguration, BuildOptions Options, FileReference WriteOutdatedActionsFile) in F:\UnrealEngine-5.0.3-release\Engine\Source\Programs\UnrealBuildTool\Modes\BuildMode.cs:line 611 at UnrealBuildTool.BuildMode.Build(List1 TargetDescriptors, BuildConfiguration BuildConfiguration, ISourceFileWorkingSet WorkingSet, BuildOptions Options, FileReference WriteOutdatedActionsFile, Boolean bSkipPreBuildTargets) in F:\UnrealEngine-5.0.3-release\Engine\Source\Programs\UnrealBuildTool\Modes\BuildMode.cs:line 282
at UnrealBuildTool.BuildMode.Execute(CommandLineArguments Arguments) in F:\UnrealEngine-5.0.3-release\Engine\Source\Programs\UnrealBuildTool\Modes\BuildMode.cs:line 237
at UnrealBuildTool.UnrealBuildTool.Main(String[] ArgumentsArray) in F:\UnrealEngine-5.0.3-release\Engine\Source\Programs\UnrealBuildTool\UnrealBuildTool.cs:line 612
WriteFileIfChanged() wrote 1826 changed files of 1950 requested writes.
Timeline:

[ 0.000]
[1264.939]

My guess would be if WriteFileIfChanged failed to write, you’re probably out of disk space.

My Disk have 9T free.And I think the error is OtherCompilationError
at UnrealBuildTool.ActionGraph.ExecuteActions.But engine had not give me more infomation.Such as which class, which function or which files.

We can easily solve the problem. There are 3 possible ways.

1. Allowing installation from unknown sources

Mostly we download the apps from the Google Play Store but sometimes we download the app from other sources and android does not allow us to install those apps.

To solve this problem, we have to just turn on “Allow installation from other sources”.

Follow these steps:

1. Go to settings on your device

2. Scroll down & Click on Applications

3. Check the box of “Unknown sources to allow installation of non Market Applications”

After setting these settings, now try to install .apk

1. Inspect you APK file

If the above fix does not work, then you have to inspect .apk file that you have downloaded. Check that the file is fully downloaded or corrupted.

If you have downloaded from another place than Google Play Store then download again from Google play store and then try to install it.

1. The App is not compatible with your OS or Hardware

If above two fixes do not work, then it is clear that the app is not compatible with your current OS version or not compatible with your device Hardware. Try to install it on another Android device with higher OS version and better hardware.

This may help you,

No idea what rachelgomez1233 is responding to, but it’s not this topic.

WriteFileIfChanged() wrote 1826 changed files of 1950 requested writes.

looks to be the error, and the entire chain of execution is listed there in the quoted error

If it was actually a compiler error, which caused UBT to fail, rather than UBT failure, you might try compiling from VisualStudio and seeing how that goes.

I found the error.
Log is not red, so I think this is not fatal.But the truth is, it makes it impossible for us to package.
Error C3668 occurred in this function:
virtual void PostEditChangeProperty(FPropertyChangedEvent& PropertyChangedEvent) override;
This error means the parent class(engine class) deleted the virtual function. When I find and deleted all of this function override in my classes, packaging succeeds.This error does not exist in Early version.
So if engine class deleted it, why can I build my project (the error is only in the package) ?

Are your PostEditChangeProperty functions wrapped in #if WITH_EDITOR blocks?
PECP is only built when you’re building with editor.

So the problem is this.
I learned this function on a third-party website, but they didn’t say it was an editor function. The packaging log is not marked in red, so I didn’t know the problem until the packaging error was checked repeatedly.

One of many reasons to make sure that you do a complete build/package on your project occasionally while you’re working on it, even if you’re not intending on making a release, so you can catch when something is broken and fix it before you are in a bind and need to get something packaged :slight_smile:

It’s good to invest in some extra CPU availability to do things like that while you’re doing other stuff. With the studio I’m working with now, every code change is built for 5 different platforms, and every /Content change is packaged for 5 different platforms, and any error, and many warnings within those steps, will automatically fail to allow the change to b e submitted.

Of course, I understand if you’re not a studio and don’t have the resources to handle doing something like that for every change you make. But even if you’re just doing a hobby thing, it’s good to just make sure everything builds properly on the regular.

1 Like