P2P game crashes on host and writes a 2 GB log file with LogEOSP2P errors

After some time, like 30 minutes, spent as a host of my P2P game, the game froze and started dumping my log with the following messages

LogEOSSDK: Warning: LogEOSP2P: Attempted to get next received packet with a LocalUserId that did not validate correctly. Result=[EOS_InvalidAuth]\r\n[2023.03.05-21.30.32:802][197]LogSocketSubsystemEOS: Error: Unable to receive data result code = (EOS_InvalidAuth)\r\n[2023.03.05-21.30.32:802][197]LogNet: Warning: UIpNetDriver::TickDispatch: Socket->RecvFrom: 5 (SE_EINVAL) from EOS:::0\r\n[2023.03.05-21.30.32:802]

which flooded like 2 GB of my log.

I don’t know if game freeze is caused by this EOS warning or EOS warning is caused by the freeze (and if first, why receiving not valid local user id makes host not responsible). Before these 2 GB warnings there were lots of warnings like this:

LogUObjectGlobals: Warning: Gamethread hitch waiting for resource cleanup on a UObject (SkeletalMeshComponent /Game/Maps/ThirdPersonMap.ThirdPersonMap:PersistentLevel.B_Cosmetic_SpaceMarine_C_2147236259.SkeletalMesh.Default) overwrite took 15.20ms. Fix the higher level code so that this does not happen.\r\n

LogNetPackageMap: Warning: FNetGUIDCache::SupportsObject: AbilityTask_WaitForInteractableTargets_SingleLineTrace /Engine/Transient.AbilityTask_WaitForInteractableTargets_SingleLineTrace_2147225459 NOT Supported.\r\n[2023.03.05-21.04.41:869][926]

Switching from standard print strings to the 2-GB looping error:

1 Like

This error seems to appear very rarely, so I have suspicions that it was caused by EOS token expire on host. To avoid that, I’ll either check for token expiry time when using persistent login or remove persistent login at all.

Due to the rarity of this problem, I believe that the host’s EOS token has expired. I’ll either disable persistent login or implement a token expiration check to prevent that from happening. drift boss

Resolution in another post: EOS: how to refresh access token? After I login, it only works for 2 hours, then the game freezes - #2 by JediKnightChan

In short: had wrong config,
Need to change bUseEAS from False to True and add NativePlatformService=EOS to [OnlineSubsystem]

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.