I cannot seem to replicate the Clothing in the UE4 Content Examples (Owen asset). If you go into the Owen Mesh select the skeleton tree and lift up the thigh_r about -10 degrees the animation will kick up his coat which shows the clothing simulation working.
My project is a female mesh with a skirt but her leg clips through the skirt. I’ve set all clothing properties, masks, physics assets etc exactly as in the content example, and all kinds of combinations thereof but I cannot get it to work.
What am I missing? Please help, and once you do I will go and update about 10 other similar threads with the solution to help others here. Using 4.24
CLOTH_Complex_Collision & Owen - in the UE4 Content Examples does not even use a physics asset with the clothing. Have these examples been setup by another system like Apex?
Why is it that my character and many others here cannot make the clothing system work as shown by these examples. The ONLY way it works is by using simple physics bodies like the capsule. Even the convex hulls do not work.
What is missing?
Things I’ve tried…any help is appreciated
- Tried all kinds of combinations of clothing config >> Clothing still has clipping with legs
- Tried all kinds of combinations of masks with clothing config >> Clothing still has clipping with legs
- Tried all kinds of physics bodies w/ options (not capsules) >> Clothing still has clipping with legs
- Tried all kinds of options under skeletal mesh details >> Clothing still has clipping with legs
- Tried the workaround for 4.24 bug: paint then apply clothing data to body >> Clothing still has clipping with legs
- Copied my mesh, to the clothing project itself >> Clothing still has clipping with legs
- Tried different versions of UE >> Clothing still has clipping with legs
- Deleted and recreated the clothing data on the examples CLOTH_Complex_Collision & Owen . Even deleted simple collision capsules >> Clothing still works wtf