Overlaying Map for Landscape Blockout

Hi all,

I recently created a 2D world map for a project I’m working on. What I would like to do is block out the terrain features based upon the markings I’ve created on said map. I could certainly eye ball it, but I feel as if it would be more efficient to place the map on the landscape and do the block out from there.

I’ve tried turning the .jpg map into a material and adjusting it with the texcoord node in the material editor but that’s not producing the correct result. I’d like to just throw the map down over a blank flat terrain without it tiling.

Any thoughts/suggestions? Has anyone done something similar?

Thanks in advance!

Figured it out… I was using the wrong tool as there was a simpler material node that made this easily possible. Consider this answered.

care on sharing the details of your solution so that others in the future know what you did?

Sure! I never gave the details only due to the fact that this question really didn’t attract any conversation or many views. I figured no.one was interested.

But… The solution… So instead of using texcoord and attaching it to the UV slot in the material editor, you can use the Landscape Coordinate node wich contains a nifty scale number that can be adjusted. Just attach it to the UV of the material and adjust as needed. You can also rotate and more depending on the specifics of what you’re trying to do.