Overall Blend Overlay Effect

Hi all,
Is there a way i can add the overlay effect in the whole scene? For instance, In photoshop you duplicate the same image in a new layer and add the blend over it and adjust the opacity. Is it possible ? If so, then how?

Here is the example:

Thanks!

Create a new material with the Material Domain set to “Post Process”. Set it up like this:

Then use this material as a blendable in a camera component or post process volume.

Thanks a lot! Also is there a way i can add gaussian blur to it?

Well, there is, called multi-tap blur:

There is a utility node in UE4 called BlurSampleOffsets which makes the node graph a bit neater than the UDK one in the article. Still, it’s a rather inefficient method so use it with care.

I tried it out but getting an error.

You have to sample the SceneTexture node multiple times, by modifying the incoming UVs.

Kindly can you post a screenshot because i can’t understand. Isn’t there an easiet way to do it? Because that looks a bit complex.

Here you go:

Adjust the value on the far left to change the distance of the taps. Too small values make the blur hard to see, too big ones and the effect falls apart. Don’t expect DoF levels of wide blur with this technique.

Ouch! Didn’t knew it would be that tough.
Thanks a lot!