Orthographic camera jitter bug in windows builds

The orthographic camera was working well for my projects in 5.3, but after upgrading them to 5.4, every one of them exhibits the bug in the attached video. Everything is working in the editor, but any windows build is basically unplayable because of this bug. Is this a known issue, or is there any known workaround?

Seizure warning for the video below!

This is a recording of the 3rd person template, with the camera converted to orthographic, in 5.4.2

3 Likes

Also seeing this in 5.4.2 with a side-view orthographic camera :frowning:

3 Likes

Also have this problem in my Isometric Project! :confused:

1 Like

Yep, my students are also experiencing some similar jitters as soon as their character moves (the camera moves) in a 5.4.2 project with an Orthographic Camera Setup.

2 Likes

I have the same glitches in my project. Maybe I will do a downgrade of the engine, hoping this bug will be fixed in the meantime.

2 Likes

I got the same problem in my new isometric game using 5.4.2 and I can’t change for another Unreal version cause I’m using different things available in 5.4 only. I’m stuck here and I hope we’ll be able to resolve the problem soon.

2 Likes

I hope this issue it will be fixed asap. I would like to use the 5.4.2 version, but this bug makes the games unplayable.

1 Like

I’ve just reported this bug by the Unreal Bug Submission form (https://unrealbugsubmissions.epicgames.com/s/?language=en_US&token=ArWm4MY4CmUeDmDHXRGxSi6aE1UpPj72PSQQ), because I’ve not found any logged issue about this problem (Unreal Engine Issues and Bug Tracker (Search Results)).

I hope I will receive a message from Epic Games team, but if someone knows a workaround for this bug please let us know.

Thank you DarioGangi for sending in the bug report, I thought I was going crazy as I don’t any errors and the problems started after update to 5.4.

Issue is exactly the same and at first I thought it was collision issues but I also see issues with Widget sorting as well as the camera itself.

1 Like

FYI: this issue is still present in the UE 5.4.3 version. This version was released a few days ago, but we have to wait for a newest version to have a definitive to this bug.