OR2 in-game stagger head movement / rotation

Hi! Thanks for looking into this one.

Lately I’ve got my hands on Oculus rift dk 2, and one of the first things was to launch it within ue4. It was awesome. BUT, I’ve experienced a small problem with the overall head tracking / movement. I’ve launched the realistic rendering demoand first person template. I’m getting solid 65-70 fps on realistic rendering while having vr on. In-game while having the vr on, when I’m rotating the camera by using the vr, the whole motion staggers, the rotation is choppy and creates motion sickness even quickler. I didn’t experience similar while using mouse or any other control to rotate in-game while having the vr on.

To notice, the computer I was testing on, had problems with launching the or’s demo. Window simply freezed after poping up.
I’ve also tried to update gpu’s drivers by using geforce experience, but the whole installation process stopped on physx installation, so I had to reverse. Computer was almost brand new, without any crapware installed on.

Using different much lower spec’ed computer, I’ve run the or’s demo (that one with the table and a card house) and couldn’t notice any stagger during rotation or whole movement.

Any ideas what it could be?

Thanks!

Computer I tested it on:

MSI GT72 Dominator
i7-4720HQ 3.6 GHz
Nvidia GeForce GTX 980M 4GB
Ram 16Gb 1600mhz

Lenovo z50-70
i7-4500 2.40 GHz
Nvidia Geforce GT 840m 4GB
Ram 8GB

What’s the version of your Nvidia driver? Newest drivers don’t work properly:

https://developer.oculus.com/downloads/pc/0.6.0.1-beta/Oculus_SDK_for_Windows/

Hi, and thanks for taking a look into this @btengelh!

I currently doesn’t have that computer with me, but the installed nvidia driver wasn’t the latest one. I can’t recall the exact version, but since the laptop was brand new and was released around December 2014, I guess the driver’s version was 347.09, or something around 344.

I’ll make sure to keep this in mind.

Thanks!