Optimization for an Android project with a large number of actors

Hello everyone, I’m working on rogue-like project for mobile platforms (smth like Vampire Survivors). Obviously, I need to spawn a lot of enemy actors, I have counted ~250 on the scene. All of them have a simple AI system - they need to chase my character. Also, they have ABP with only one blendspace for the locomotion.

I also created a spawn system. It uses EQS and random points around Character.

When it starts to spawn I have ~120 FPS till the moment that count of the actors becomes equal to 120-140. FPS begins to drop by 10-15 with each new iteration of actor spawning.
I’ve created an empty scene in which I can create only the actors without the spawning system and the character logic. The same.

The actor mesh is a 3D model with 60 triangles at all. I also tried to change the mesh on a cube but the result still the same. I have a guess that the optimization gets worse due to the large number of actors in the Outliner.

If this is important, then I also disabled Mobile HDR.

I am rather new to dealing with a mobile project setup and rendering 3D objects so I would appreciate any assistance you can provide. Thank you in advance

1 Like