Open world demo very slow to load

It loaded. :cool:

Oh My God! Something is missing: level streaming or Lod like skrin in meshs and textures?

nm I mistook the mapā€¦ derp

Everyone needs to calm down. The engine is clearly ā€œimporting/assemblingā€ the assets, as has been happening with many engines; since the beginning.

If you canā€™t load the showcase, load the overview first, then the showcase.

First load 20 Minutes Overview and 2 Minutes Showcase :slight_smile:

i7 6700K 4.2
32GB DDR4
AMD Fury X 4GB (HBM)

What I donā€™t understand is that what is my PC doing. The CPU is around 30% usage, 8 GB RAM used (out of 16), disk usage is around average. This isnā€™t full load so why is it taking so long?

Hmm, I started to load the Showcase map and looked at the CPU usage and its 30%+ too (only UE4), I mean I have 16 GB RAM so and my complete usage is at 50 %.

I loaded the demo into my project but when I try to put any mesh from content browser into the scene it starts to load again?
I have to do it one by one. Takes 2+ minutes for eachā€¦
Am I doing something wrong?

Hey, if anyoneā€™s here in 2018 lookin for why the open world demo wonā€™t load, itā€™s because it needs an extremely good computer to run, according to marketplace page.
https://answers.unrealengine/questions/205431/editor-freeze-when-i-drag-a-mesh.html
This most likely has the answer to your question and how to improve performance. (you gotta scroll all the way to the answers)