Open UE5 C++ project on windows which was originally created on mac

I created a C++ project on my M1 Macbook and after some development i want to transfer it to my windows machine because it has better hardware,

I zipped the file and send it to my windows machine, i just dont know how to open it and i have read that its a C++ project so the process could be more complicated than a BP one so i want to ask if is there anything i should change/add/remove to the source codes or anything and how can i open it up on my windows machine

hello and welcome.
id recommend deleting intermediate and binaries folder before starting.

try right clicking the uproject file and click “Select ue version” (or similar)
it should generate the vsstudio solution. if it doesnt there’s also “Generate project”.

it seems to work but all my assets are gone, like the entire map that i made is just not there and instead its just a default world. It could have been that theres some problems migrating the assets and stuff. But also i think a better question i want to ask is: How do i properly transfer a C++ UE5 project that was created on Mac to a Windows machine so i can continue developing it?

the proper way is whatever way you can use ensuring no assets are missing. there’s no “tool” to do that.
a cvs could help or could make it unnecesarily complicated.
if the assets are “missing” is usually likely that you’ve opened the project with an older version.
notice that 5.3.0 is older than 5.3.1
so check that.
there would be warnings on the logs in that case about assets.