OP texture...how use them...

Hi… I’m some troubles with OP (opacity???) textures I have in some my bought models packs…

I’m importing some textures to do materials for my models and I have D(diffuse) N(normals) S(specular) H(heght…where must I put them into material editor???) and OP (maybe opacity) textures…

into material editor I link nodes for D, N, S and H ( I link them (H) to metallic but I dont know if it’s correct) but I dont know where kink OP textures

specifically I have it for a chain material and I suppose it is useful to give transparency to the chain borders that are black…but dont know where i must link it…

can someone please help me??

thanks

H = height map = ?v=iadBjWDlOnU/ ?v=P-5Qzi-ljsc
OP = How does your OP look like? white and black? When yes, then connect it with the Opacity/Opacity Mask link (you have to change the blend mode to opcatiy mask or transculent)

Opacity Mask: https://docs.unrealengine/latest/INT/Resources/ContentExamples/MaterialNodes/1_8/index.html

sry for hijacking but should the Bumpoffset-node be connected to every texture (ao, emissive, specular etc) or only to the diffuse and normal texture?
How much performance cost such a bumpoffset?

If I put this bumpoffset mode I get a error that 9 Texture samplers are use, but I have only 6 textures

As far as I know you can connect them to all textures (e.g in the examples from epic games they also connected it to the ao texture) :slight_smile: Unfortunately I dont know exactly how much performance it costs, but it should be better for the performance than a tessellation mat.

Thx!

I use some scalarparameter for the texture coordinate inputs of the texture samples. How do I merge this scalar parameters with the output of the bumpoffset for the input of the texture samplers? With an add-node?

So you want to scale your textures? Here is one way how you can do it:

thank you again…I wached videos you linked to me and your tutorial material node and they explained me several useful things

in few word I simply use a bumped offeset node and link the red channel of the Height map textures with the normal and diffuse texture of the material and all works fine…right???

Theoretically yes ^^ On the upper picture you can see the most basic setup -> of course you will have to play around with the values in the bump node + the channel depends on the texture. The best way would be to take a look at the samples from epic games

Thx it works