Oodle Texture encode failed

I have a project that packages normally for the Windows platform from the UEEditor. However when I try packageing the same project on our build server (powerful machine but no graphics hardware) the result has no textures included, all assets are just white. I use RunUAT.bat BuildCookRun together with the parameters that are beeing used by the editor for packaging. Some output of the build gives evidence that there is something going on with the Oodle texture compression:

LogTexture: Display: Building textures: S_Speed (OODLE_AutoDXT, 512X512)
LogTexture: Display: Building textures: event_sprite (OODLE_AutoDXT, 512X512) LogTextureFormatOodle: Display: Oodle Texture encode failed!? 潏汤呥硥䕟牲啟獮灵潰瑲摥偃U
LogTextureFormatOodle: Display: Oodle Texture encode failed!? 潏汤呥硥䕟牲啟獮灵潰瑲摥偃U

LogTexture: Warning: Failed to build OODLE_AutoDXT derived data for /PathFollow/event_sprite.event_sprite
LogTexture: Display: Building textures: DEMO (OODLE_AutoDXT, 3840X2160)
LogTextureFormatOodle: Display: non-RDO encode 3840 x 2160 x 1 to format OODLE_AutoDXT (Oodle OodleTex_BC1_WithTransparency) lambda=0 effort=20
LogTexture: Warning: Failed to build OODLE_AutoDXT derived data for /Game/TEXTURES/DEMO
LogCook: Display: Cooked packages 231 Packages Remain 13471 Total 13702
LogTexture: Display: Building textures: ThumbnailTexture (OODLE_DXT1, 512X512)
LogTexture: Warning: Failed to build OODLE_DXT1 derived data for /HairStrands/Emitters/StableSpringsEmitter.StableSpringsEmitter:ThumbnailTexture

And a lot more of these. Any help is appreciated.

I found the solution: apparently Oodle texture compression needs the SSE cpu extensions to function. When using a VM that doesn’t have these it fails with those weird error messages, albeit succeeding packaging and leaving all textures blank. Changing the processor of the VM to, e.g., the host cpu, which almost certainly supports SSE solves the issue.