Ongoing Tutorial Series Regarding Game Dev and Integrating Marketplace Assets

Thank you!

The ‘Instant Hit’ weapon tutorials should be finished editing and posted tonight. I’ve been really ill and resting. One of the joys of being a three time battle with cancer survivor - my immune system is **** and hasn’t recovered since the last battle. Still - I should get new meds today and some more rest, and once Instant Hit is done, then the Top-Down Projectile Weapon tutorial will go up as well as Zombie Shooter Jumping and Zombie Shooter Sprinting. :slight_smile:

Nice work! You put together a ton of great info for other devs! Get some rest =)

https://youtube.com/watch?v=ECfH3D6AcBo

Thank you for all the great tutorials! Please try to get some rest!

Thanks again!

Thank YOU! I just saw that this thread is in the Community Spotlight, so I guess I have to up my game! LOL!

I’ve actually been resting the last few days and am feeling mostly better, so I will be getting more videos produced this weekend. You can see my blog for details on what I have planned. :slight_smile:

Right now though - I’m teaching a day camp on Lego Robotics and was told about the Community Spotlight by one of my awesome subscribers, so i wanted to come and thank everyone for their support. I appreciate you taking the time to check out my tutorials, and feel free to offer suggestions. You help me become a better teacher!

Just an FYI - I have decided to take tomorrow off. I have recorded two additional videos as part of getting back on track, and the first of those will post on Monday. I just realized as I was recording today that my throat was getting sore again, and so want to give it another day of rest so I don’t bring back the horrible cough and inflammation!

Have a great Sunday!

great stuff! following!

The Top Down Shooter - Implementing a Projectile Weapon tutorial will be posted tomorrow (Tues, Aug 18) along with the project files as they sit at the ed of that tutorial. I decided to spend tonight fixing the firing graphics on the Instant Hit weapon so everything would be clean and up-to-date.

Just as an FYI - someone has shown me that my Zombie Shooter Quick Hit video for sprint does not work properly for multiplayer. While I replicated the proper variables, I forgot to ensure that I was calling the server to make changes to those variables, and was running the app during the tutorial as a server. I have determined the fix and will be posting the solution video tomorrow. I apologize for my complete gaffe in not catching that!

FYI - Videos will begin being posted again on Wednesday. The added few days of delays is due to personal matters, but the video for Wednesday is already uploaded and ready to be made public Wednesday. I am wrapping up a couple of other videos so that the schedule will be maintained. I will have the updated tutorial schedule up later this evening. I apologize for the added ‘time off.’

UPDATE: Sadly, the Sprint for Multiplayer video needs to be re-recorded. There’s just too much underlying noise between the mic (which I now realize had cables sitting too close to the speakers), the ceiling fan keeping me cool, and the lawnmower that was going outside. I think I just solved the mic issue by moving the cords, as a test recording sounds much cleaner. I’ll try to get the video up Sunday, but I need to be with family tomorrow. Thank you for understanding.

Life Happens First. This stuff is much lower priority, heal up and get things done. When you are ready, your students will still be here.

Yeah, but I still feel guilty. Nonetheless, priorities are priorities, and family / friends come first.

Here’s the calendar / schedule page for tutorial videos. I’ll probably start a separate thread here when I start a new series, so that it’s easier for people to track.

http://mindlesspursuits.com/index.php/calendar/

https://youtube.com/watch?v=tLTPO4dKrwA

The Q&A / cleanup video for the Top Down Shooter series originally scheduled for tonight has been rescheduled to Friday, Sept 3, as Unreal Engine 4.9 was officially released today and I want to upgrade the project series to that platform if there are no hiccups. I will be spending time over the next couple of days ensuring that the project as built to date has no issues with UE4.9, and then will be updating the Q&A tutorial to accommodate changes based upon upgrading (if changes are necessary). I am not a fan of waiting until the end of the series to upgrade to 4.9, given that the series is of indeterminate length but will be running at least two more months. So we’re going to take the upgrade path unless I find a compelling reason not to. The Q&A / cleanup tutorial video will be released this coming Friday, Sept 3rd instead, along with the already-scheduled Friday video! Thank you for your understanding.