Ongoing C++ Gameplay Example Series: Making a Survival Game

open up the class you inherit from ->cameraboom.h or whatever and look around for a setter function, use that instead of accessing the variables directly

Hi,
First, thanks a lot for this example, that makes me learn so much more about UE4 C++.

I’m trying to understand how can I put different “holding weapons animations” for each weapon type, but I’m not a programmer, I’m a Designer lol.

Can you point me in the right direction for doing this thing?
I’ve tryed to put some bool on OnPrimaryEquip…, but it can’t work at all.

Very sorry for my english, I wish you understand what I want to say.

i have unreal 4.12 and i have not older version of engine.how to use this project ? beacuse when run it,he say surrvival game.dll bult with another version .and rebuild from source.how to rebuild or use it???please help

hi and thanks for every thing.
when i convert your project with 4.13 event graph not loaded in blue print and no showing any thing.why?

why other blueprint or c++ class dont compile like blueprint?

when hit more than one spacebar key player flying to the sky :slight_smile:
how fix that ?

I don’t know if this is the best way, but it works for me at the moment.

In your SCharacter.cpp (or whatever you named yours)

void ASCharacter::OnStopJump()
{
bPressedJump = false;
StopJumping();
}

This project is SUPER INSPIRING and I’m soo excited to try it out!! My question is though, what is the license and could the license please be included in the git? Thank you so much for all of your hard work on this!

I just got 4.13.2 downloaded and installed, and I opened your project in it, and I get this error.

https://s12.postimg.org/dywdlziil/Unreal_Survival_Game_error.png

Is a file missing? Where can I find it?

Hey thumbs up man! But i really cant seem to know whats causing infinite jumping glitch , tried donwloading the project 2 times (using 4.13 version) , could you please please update it with the fix on GitHub? I would love to <3

Just uploaded a fix for this infinite jumping glitch to GitHub.

I get the same error, not quite sure why it’s failing to import. Afaik everything still works though.

Hey question? is this gonna get updated to 4.14? I tried it myself but I am not that much of a code wizard ^^

That’s what happens on 4.14? Can someone help me get this right? I know C++ but kinda new to the engine. I assume it has got something to do with not using getters to access private members?

Hey guys, the project just got upgraded to 4.14 for those who were having issues compiling.

Thanks , you sir are a hero :smiley:

I am trying to learn an optimal way to update the UMG from my C++ project.

I see that this project uses Event Tick in Widget_PlayerInfo to call the functions to update the health bar and energy bar which get the needed numbers from the SCharacter.

I followed another example where I bound the Progress Bar to a function that does the same as the function in the Survival demo (get the data from the character). I have read comments that binding is not ideal for performance. (Don’t know the difference as of yet).

I found this post by @, https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?119268-How-I-Mix-UMG-and-C&highlight=how%20i%20mix%20umg, that I have yet to unravel.

Can anyone point me to resources that will help shed more light on this?

Not a C++ but at least more helpful. .unrealengine.com/latest/INT/Engine/UMG/HowTo/EventBasedUI/index.html

Ok, I used the information in the link to only update the UMG when an event fires. Sometime make this harder than it really is.

Inside of https://github.com//EpicSurvivalGameSeries/blob//SurvivalGame/Source/SurvivalGame/Private/Player/SCharacter.cpp

I can’t figure out where Line #201 is getting “Controller” from.
Can anyone point me in the right direction.

From the APawn class. SCharacter->SBaseCharacter->ACharacter->APawn. :slight_smile: Inheritance, sometimes hard to follow. :slight_smile:

Inherited from APawn :slight_smile:
.unrealengine.com/latest/INT/API/Runtime/Engine/GameFramework/APawn/index.html

How can I modify the rifle’s impact effect so its decal looks like a hole rather than a line?