On Target Perception Updated Rapid Firing True/False

Hi,

I’m having an issue where my On Target Perception Updated event in my AI Controller is rapid firing true and false.

The situation occurs if my player is behind the AI when the AI is turning toward the player or whenever I run out of the AI’s peripheral vision (either by running right by them, or running to the side where the peripheral boundaries are).

If I disconnect the behavior tree I can start the level out behind the AI and when it is possessed by the controller it will turn and see me normally, but once I hook up the behavior tree as soon as the AI is possessed, the debug shows line of sight to me (even though I’m behind the AI and out of it’s peripheral) and then the AI snaps a little toward the player losing sight (the debug shows the age reset) then it immediately picks me up again and so on until it faces towards me.

Thanks in advance for reading this!

Here is a youtube video of the issue. It shows the level start where I am behind the AI (there is a countdown delay at which point the Run Behavior tree executes), and during a chase sequence if I manage to run by him or out of his peripheral.

Example of Rapid Fire when behind or when leaving peripherals