On Smart Link reached not firing

Hi there! there seems to be a lot of topics about this but none of the answers in those threads worked for me.
So I have a Top Down Character that I want to jump over a gap. I set up a SmartLink and the character seems to recognize that it’s there as it walks straight over the edge but the Event On SmartLinkReached never fires.

I removed the Simple Link Points, manually set the Smart link points, set Smart Link is relevant etc etc. Still, the Event doesnt fire.

I tried to work around it and just create some boxes and trigger an overlap but it seems that actorclass doesn’t support collision/overlaps.

I had the event fire once but then I cut/pasted the actor and it didn’t fire after that ever again.

It’s really driving me nuts. I must have precicely followed about 5 different tutorials now and it’s always the same.

The only thing I can think of is that my character inherits from character and AIPawn (or whatever they use in those tutorials)?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Ok, so one of them now randomly works. They are exactly the same actor (just copy/pasted and adjusted the End Points), yet the middle one works, the two on the sides don’t.

The same is also true for both my character and the AIs I have in the level so I guess it doesn’t have anything to do with the parent class :confused:

So for anyone looking, this fixed it: