Offset vertices in X,Y,Z

I’m looking for a way to create a glitch effect where I can control how far the vertices of any given static mesh are offset. I need to be able to offset the direction of X,Y and Z individually.

I’ll be using this with a noise as well, so the noise needs to offset the mesh, as well as being able to increase the offset of the vertices with the above parameters. How do I go about achieving this?

There must be a million ways of doing this depending on how specific your needs are. I made a basic noise material a while ago. A mesh without it:

and then with:

285766-noise.gif

The material looks like this:

Thx for your response!
I’m familiar with how to use the above settings. However, I need to be able to control:
If/when the vertices are moved, and also:

• how far they offset in X,Y and Z (independently)

Example:
An object has a general noise function. It offsets the vertices randomly in X. I now need to be able to control how far that offset is and how fast it is offset.
I’ll need the same for the other two axes.

Yes… I’m afraid I have nothing else handy. This is the kind of thing people spend weeks or even months coding up in the material editor. If you really want to do it yourself, maybe re-post and see it you get another answer. Otherwise getting a market place asset might do the trick. A quick search reveals:

I have not tried it myself. There’s probably more…